Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Haiku

It's been a long time since a new post. I have lots percolating through my mind. Still questioning the therapy - wondering how I will recognize when I am done. I have processed a lot in the last year and am definitely at a better place. Perhaps inspired by cleaning out end of school things for the kids - I have been writing haikus in my mind - they're not great but it's where my mind is at the moment.

Noises in the night
Stairs creaking, doors opening
Please don't come tonight


Under the blanket
Holding breath, fearful, waiting
Darkness surrounds me

Faded wallpaper
Plaster falling off ceiling
Occupy my mind



I sense a theme.

4 comments:

  1. This is great work. What progress. To be able to write this down means you are dealing with it head on. Congratulations. Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul - although I feel I need to get some of those feelings out - I am trying more to live in the present and figure out how my past trauma has impacted my current relationships.

    I hope you are in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My breath catches when I read this. Very powerful. For me there is power in simplicity. I'm glad that you are at a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. inamaze - sometimes it just helps to get the thoughts out on paper. They don't clutter up the mind as much. :)

    ReplyDelete