Thursday, June 3, 2010

Nablopomo - freedom

Today's topic is defining freedom - interesting because the last line of yesterday's post was about the caged bird singing of freedom.

In the current topic of this blog, freedom for me is the ability to tell others, to share with others my story. Most of that has been anonymous, but still a tremendous help.

In a general sense, freedom for me is the ability to think what I want, say what I want, live my live the way I want without condemnation or judgement from others.

And of course, there is the hope for freedom from the aftereffects of childhood sexual abuse. Still working on that one.

3 comments:

  1. Great way to define freedom, OLJ - I can so relate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the first things my t asked me when I started therapy with her is 'what do you want therapy to do for you'. I told her that I would like to be able to make choices of how I want to live. Which translates into freedom for me. So I can also relate to your definition of freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kerro and Lost -
    I'm still working on what I want therapy to do for me.

    ReplyDelete